Jump Workout – 3-4 Times a Week
- 1 set of 20 leg lifts in pike and straddle
- 1 set of 20 hurdler lifts on each side
- 10 leg lifts or knee lifts
- 20 punches on soft mat
- 5 toe touches
- 5 pikes
- 5 hurdlers – both sides
Core Conditioning – 3 Times a Week
- Crunches – 50, (V-ups, butt ups)
- Side V-ups – 25 each side
- Hamstring Bent , 1 leg or whole body lifts – 25
- Superman Lifts – 50
- Prone Hold – 60 seconds
- Side Plank Hold – 30 seconds each side
- Diagonal Wood Choppers w/Medicine Ball
- Lifts From Horizontal to Vertical w/Medicine Ball
- Reverse Sit Ups
- Dead Bug
Plyometric – 3 Times a Week
- 2 Foot Landings
- 1 Foot Landing
- Jump Up
- Punching, Tuck Jumps, Scissor Jumps
- Single Leg Hops, Long Jumps
- Power Skip, Double Leg Skips, Combo Hop and Bound
- Shock, Depth Jumps, Rebound Jumps Over Obstacles
Hip Flexor (Same Days as Core)
- Straddle Lifts Seated
- Pike Lifts Seated
- Snap Downs Arms in T
- Kicks Both Legs, Straight Legs
- Leg Lifts
- Band Knee Drives on Front and Back
- Hurdler position with thigh perpendicular to floor
- Front leg extended. Put hands on each side of extended
- Leg and lift extended leg up with a straight knee (Do both sides)
Use other strength work. Balance activities. Upper body conditioning – triceps, push-ups, etc.
Jump Workout – Do with any music with a good rhythm
- 5/ 8 count jumps with arms in a t position and legs in a tuck jump with knees parallel to the floor, head and chest up.
- 5/8 count jumps with arms in a t position and legs in a straight jump with head and chest up.
- 5/8 count jumps with arms in a t position and legs in a jeanie position (feet together and knees out) with head and chest up.
- 5/8 count jumps with arms in a t position and legs in a spread eagle (no rotation of hips) with head and chest up.
- 5/8 count jumps with arms in a t position and legs in a toe touch position with hips rolled under by engaging core with head and chest up.
- 5/8 count jumps with arms parallel to the floor, head and chest up and legs in a pike position.
- 5/8 count jumps with arms diagonal by chin and legs in a right front hurdler position with head and chest up.
- 5/8 count jumps with arms diagonal by chin and legs in a left front hurdler position with head and chest up.
Each jump begins by bending on 1 (with chest over knees and knees over 2nd toe, bottom back, chin on a shelf, flat back from shoulders to hips, hands clapped in position of your choosing)
The 2nd count is to stand up and bring hands diagonally up. You may go to your toes or not. It does prepare your body to think of pushing through the toes and keeps the athlete from bouncing.
The 3rd count is swing arms down to knees with hands clasped until pass the knees passing through the same position as count 1
The 4th count is to bring arms to the t position without bending them and assume the leg position required.
The 5th count is to come back to the same position as count 1 with arms down
The 6th count is to stand up and clasp hands together according to your choosing
The 7th count is to stand up straight with arms tightly by the sides in blades
The 8th count is to stand and prepare to do the jump again.
All jumps should be preceded by some jump conditioning to improve the strength of hip flexors, core for hip rotation and plyometrics for increasing general jumping ability. Jumping without any conditioning will not improve your jump ability substantially.